sweet summertime

Friday, July 27, 2018


Hello, sweet summertime.

I've missed you.

I always miss you. When winter's gray skies make the whole world feel cold and tired, I count down the days until your warmth and light. Until the sun loosens the knots that the last nine months have wrapped around what feels like every fiber of my being.

You're different this year. Not in the way that you were last year, when the summer maybes were leaping in circles around me. But different all the same. This year, you come with busy schedules and new adventures and a brain full of questions.

This year, as I'm letting the summer thoughts flow out of my brain and onto the screen, things aren't quite as different as I thought they would be a year ago. I'm basically in the same place. Right now, I'm lying on my bed, pecking away at my laptop while Sleeping at Last plays in the background, exactly like last year when I wrote my summer blog post. My fall, while different, isn't a whole new world compared to fall of last year (for which I am eternally grateful).

I suppose that when I looked towards summer 2018, I expected to be living in a world rocked with change. I wrote the words "nothing will be the same", and I believed them. By the absolute grace of God, those words did not end up ringing true.

But things are still different in so many ways, and the hater of change in me doesn't quite know what to do with that yet. I didn't mean for this to turn into one of those posts, though, one where I'm freaking out about change and life and everything in between. That will, no doubt, come at the end of the summer.

For now, we aren't there yet. We still have another month of summer, another month before the new normal kicks in. For now, I'm just happy where I am. Working on projects and setting things up and spending time with people and attempting to get some rest in during the time in-between. Loving the sunlight streaming in through the windows and the warmth of their rays.

Sweet summertime, you will forever be my favorite. It's good to see you again.

-----

Hey there, friends.

I'm back. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight Grace Anne Johnson 2018 © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan